Saturday, March 1, 2014

C4K Summary- February


C4K #1 ”Super Bowl XXVII” by Madison posted January 31, 2014

My first C4K for the month of February was a reply to Madison's blog post. Madison is a student in Mrs. Geldes class and seemed to be very excited about the upcoming festivities. She discussed bets people make, snacks eaten while watching the game and asked readers who they thought would win. Below is my reply:

Hello Madison! My name is Ty Walker and I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. This was a very informative post. Yes, I have heard of the Super Bowl and although I'm not a huge football fan I often watch the game with my parents. I don't like guacamole but I do eat cheese and jalapenos while watching the game. Do you like cheese and jalapeno peppers?

C4k #2 e books by Robert posted January 22,2014

For my second C4K post I was assigned to Robert's blog which was all about e books. The readers are introduced to what e book are and some of the benefits. Below is my reply:

Hello Robert! My name is Ty Walker and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I think this was a great topic because some people may not have known about e books before your post. I liked paper back books a lot when I was your age, but now my favorite way to read is using apple iBooks. I hope you continue to enjoy reading, knowledge is power

c4k #3”This I believe” by KW7ERA February 5, 2014

My third C4K assignment can't be described as anything less than an ode to football. There are vivid descriptions of the type of contact players have with each other and a description of several different plays that are popular within the sport. The blogger is also a football player and expressed his dreams of one day playing in the NFL. Below is my reply:

My name is Ty Walker and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your post! Even though I am not a fan, football does seem to be an exciting sport. Also, it is refreshing to encounter a young person who is thinking of taking a passion to the next level. You are already aspiring to play football in college and potentially in the NFL, those are wonderful goals. I wish you the best of luck, because with hard work and determination anything is possible.

C4k #4 ”Color Poem” by Allysa D. posted February 3 2014 This post was very deep and I must admit I was not expecting to read such an intense poem as a part of a C4K assignment. In the post Allysa discusses odd behavior exhibited by her father as well as how they make her feel. In the end she reveals that he has a drug problem. Below is my reply:

My name is Ty Walker and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. This was an excellent post. Your poem was very powerful and it amazes me that you shared such a sensitive topic with your peers. You may not have realized it at the time, but this poem may help someone who is in a similar situation. I can tell from your poem that the situations weighs heavily on you, but it may be best to stop worrying and just hope for the best. I admire your bravery and wish you the best of luck with coming to terms with your situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment