Friday, April 4, 2014

C4T#3 Summary


C4T #3- Posted March 12, 2014

I had the pleasure of reading Jeff Utecht's blog post entitled ”In 2014”. I can't think of more appropriate subject mattter as it relates to EDM310. This post is a cry for improved technological advances amongst all school systems. In the post many prevelant issues are addressed and in my opinion not a moment too soon.

My response: Hi, My name is Ty Walker and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I can't even explain how refreshing I found this blog post. Technology is such an important aspect of our lives, especially pertaining to education, yet so many people are afraid to take the inevitable leap. Of all the suggestions mentioned, I especially agree that if schools can not or will not provide students with electronic devices for learning purposes that they should be allowed to bring their own. Here in Alabama, the Baldwin County School System is spearheading efforts to do just that. They have provided all of their students, K-12, with a Macbook or an Ipad. I feel that this is the direction in which all school systems should be headed and this post made it obvious that I am not the only person who feels this way.

Welcome to the Future
C4t #3- Posted March 25, 2014

I was again assigned to Jeff Utecht's blog, but this week I commented on a post entitled ”Flipboard as a Textbook Replacement”. I really feel that this blog is one that I will continue to read in the future because the subject matter is so relevant. In this post Jeff says that he hopes textbooks in the classroom will become obsolete and uses flipboard as an example of a more useful replace. He also gives examples of things that can be accomplished while using Flipboard as a classroom curator.

My response: Hi Jeff, My name is Ty Walker and I'm a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. This is my second time being assigned to your blog and I enjoyed this post just as much as I did the first. The fact that you hope that textbooks will soon be on their way out is a very interesting concept. My professor always speaks about the idea of "burp back education" and without textbooks that way of teaching would be impossible, which is a very good thing. I know it will probably be years before we see a change, if textbooks are ever replaced at all but your idea was very well presented and something that I wouldn't mind trying in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment