Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Tywondra Walker but my friends and family call me Ty. I'm 26 years old and have resided in Mobile, Al most of my life. Over the years I have lived in Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, and Virginia. My major interests include traveling, shopping and learning new things. One could say that the sequence of events that led me to become a student at the University of South Alabama are far from average. I began my freshman year of college in New Orleans,La at Dillard University the same week that Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc on the city. As a result, I was forced to move back to Mobile, Al and the rest is history!

I am the oldest of two children who are the result of a 27 years marriage. My younger brother, Tommie, is 21 years old and is a Junior at the University of Alabama. My mother is a graduate of Alabama State University and owns a medical billing company here in Mobile, Al. My dad recently retired from the US Navy after 30 years of service and now enjoys a life of leisure. I spend time with him daily and it is something I have come to enjoy very much. Aside from being a sister and a daughter, I am also a mother. I have 2 children, Tiyana who is six years old and Tylan who is two years old. They are my primary focus at this point in my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I want to enter the Education field to make a positive impact on the youth. I originally graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. My goal was to become a Juvenile Probation Officer but after many years of no work in my field I decided to return to College. Although it was not my first field of study I feel that I can accomplish just as much in the field of Education as I intended to accomplish in the field of Criminal Justice. I believe that character is molded at a young age and I want to be a part of the very critical years that can make such an impact on a child's future choices.

Shopping seems to be what I am the best at right now, simply because it is so easy to do! However, I like traveling more than I like to do anything else. I will have pictures available from my favorite pastime ,traveling, in the near future! I would like to get better at learning new things. It is a broad category but for me it includes incorporating reading into my day to day activities and that is something I really want to accomplish.

Although I have lived a pretty interesting life I didn't take my first flight until I was 24 years old! It was a trip to San Diego with my parents and I guess you could say a warm up, because three weeks later I took a 14 hour flight to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. I really enjoyed traveling outside of the United States and if given the opportunity I would live outside of the United States up to 3 months out of every year!

Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment